WHO WE ARE
Originating in Jackson, Michigan, by Karen Dunigan in 2006, 100+ Women Who Care first raised $12,800 at that first meeting to buy 300 new baby cribs for an organization in their city. Since then, others have followed all over Canada, the USA and Australia to come together and raise funds for organizations that matter in their respected cities. There are 100 Women Who Care, 100 Men Who Care, 100 Kids Who Care and 100 People Who Care groups scattered across the globe, and we couldn’t think of a reason not to start one here in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
The concept is simple. Our goal is community-focused impact. 100+ Women Who Care Grande Prairie is simply a group of volunteer facilitators who provide networking events to bring together caring, giving women to make an immediate, direct and positive effect of the lives in our community.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
YES! The more ladies that commit to supporting our community organization, the more funds flow back into our community. There are a couple ways to join; the first being come to a meeting. We meet four times a year, which means four opportunities to come by in person and fill out your membership form. You can also download our membership form here, fill it out and email it back to [email protected]
That’s totally okay. We understand that there will be times when you are unable to attend a meeting. You can still donate your $100 by etransfer to [email protected] with the password donation or write a cheque to the winning charity once it’s announced.
Of course. Come check us out and bring your friends. We are confident you will love this organization as much as we do. Just remember, if you’re not a member, you can’t vote.
Yes, guests are welcome. Just remember, again, that only members are allowed to vote.
By being in attendance at one of our meetings. We give an opportunity at the end of each meeting for members to nominate their choices for the next meeting. Once we receive all nominations, we will confirm that they are registered and local. Charities can be nominated again, and again as long as they were not a chosen charity. All chosen charities must wait a full-year before they can be nominated again.
Yes, it is.
Absolutely not! 100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie is organized and operated entirely by the organizing committee 100% of the money raised at our meetings goes directly to the selected organizations.
100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie collects your personal information (including name, address, email address, phone number) strictly for the purpose of maintaining our membership list. 100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie will not sell, give or otherwise share your personal information without your express consent unless required by law. We do like to recognize our members via social media and other venues. If a member would like to remain anonymous they must let us know at the time of joining.
Because the goal of 100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie is to make a large donation on behalf of the whole group, the answer is no. We want to be able to support this endeavor and give $10,000+ dollars at a time to make a large impact in our community with each member’s donation being part of the larger donation. This is the power of joining forces! We also need to be able to track your donations so that you get credit for the donation and remain eligible for submitting charities and voting at meetings.
Yes! Most charities that are nominated by our members have some sort of National head office, but we make sure that all charities nominated have a local sector, program or service in our community and that’s what our money will be supporting.
Don’t see your question?
How It Works
aInterested in becoming a member of 100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie? Here’s how it works…
- We get together four times a year for one hour of networking (optional) and a one hour meeting.
- Each member commits to donating $100 at each meeting.
- At the end of each meeting, members will have time to nominate a derserving charity for our next meeting.
- Three charities will be drawn via video at least one-month in advance of the meeting.
- All three charities chosen will have an opportunity to speak for their organization and encourage members to vote for their organization.
- After all three charities have ‘made a pitch’ for their nomination, all members vote. The organization with the most votes
gets the donations for the evening.
- We take one week to collect all the monies from members who were not able to attend the meeting in person.
- We then present the chosen charity with a large cheque and total dollar amount presented by
100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie.
- At the following meeting we have a presentation from that charity that received our donations
from the previous meeting and then go through the process again with three new nominees.
- Network Hour: 6-7 P.m.
- Meeting: 7-8 P.m.
SIMPLE. QUICK. FUN.
- We learn about a variety of groups who work in our community.
- Collectively we make an impact.
- There’s minimal time commitment.
- We get to share some time together, meet new people, and reconnect with friends and colleagues that we’d like to see more often.
September Meeting 2019
Join us today if you believe in local charities and want to see the impact that your donations make. It’s so simple…
Each member commits to donating $100 and one hour of her time, four times per year. Any members who have signed the commitment form will be able to nominate charities and vote at each meeting.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- Location Sponsor
- Photography Sponsor
- Marketing Sponsor