WHO WE ARE
Originating in Jackson, Michigan, by Karen Dunigan in 2006, 100+ Women Who Care first raised $12,800 at that first meeting to buy 300 new baby cribs for an organization in their city. Since then, others have followed all over Canada, the USA and Australia to come together and raise funds for organizations that matter in their respected cities. There are 100 Women Who Care, 100 Men Who Care, 100 Kids Who Care and 100 People Who Care groups scattered across the globe, and in 2016, our original founders couldn’t think of a reason not to start one here in Grande Prairie, Alberta.
The concept is simple. Our goal is community-focused impact. 100+ Women Who Care Grande Prairie is simply a group of volunteer facilitators who provide networking events to bring together caring, giving women to make an immediate, direct and positive effect of the lives in our community.
How It Works
Interested in becoming a member of 100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie? Here’s how it works…
- We get together four times a year for one hour of networking (optional) and a one-hour meeting.
- Each member commits to donating $100 at each meeting.
- At the end of each meeting, members will have time to nominate a deserving charity for our next meeting.
- Three charities will be drawn via video at least one month in advance of the meeting.
- All three charities chosen will have an opportunity to speak for their organization and encourage members to vote for their organization.
- After all three charities have ‘made a pitch’ for their nomination, all members vote. The organization with the most votes
gets the donations for the evening.
- We take one week to collect all the monies from members who were not able to attend the meeting in person.
- We then present the chosen charity with a large cheque and total dollar amount presented by
100 Women Who Care Grande Prairie.
- At the following meeting, we have a presentation from that charity that received our donations
from the previous meeting and then go through the process again with three new nominees.
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020
- The Dunes Golf and Winter Club
- Meeting: 7-8 p.m.
- COVID-19 health and safety guidelines will be followed.
SIMPLE. QUICK. FUN.
- We learn about a variety of groups who work in our community.
- Collectively we make an impact.
- There’s minimal time commitment.
- We get to share some time together, meet new people, and reconnect with friends and colleagues that we’d like to see more often.
February Meeting 2020
Join us today if you believe in local charities and want to see the impact that your donations make. It’s so simple…
Each member commits to donating $100 and one hour of her time, four times per year. Any members who have signed the commitment form will be able to nominate charities and vote at each meeting.
Thank You To Our Sponsors
- Location Sponsor
- Photography Sponsor
- Marketing Sponsor